Hey Beauty Fam!
For today’s post I thought it would be nice for me to share a very simple beauty tip of mine. ❤
A year ago, you would have never caught me wearing any coloured shadow on a day-to-day basis. The only eyeshadows that I would wear were neutral, brown shades. The only time I would wear coloured eye shadow was for strictly the purpose of playing with makeup then washing it off right after.
Over time, I gradually started introducing colour into my everyday makeup look. I find that if I follow the same routine, I can literally wear any colour shadow and make it look natural for everyday wear. The following tutorial that I am about to do for you will work for any colour of choice! I just picked turquoise because it is my favourite right now!
- Prime your eyelid with any primer/ concealer. Set it with any skin-toned powder. Take any matte light-medium brown from your collection and buff it into the crease as a transition shade. This is very versatile. If you look better with cool tones, just choose a cooler-toned brown or a grey instead.
- Take the colour of your choice and pack it on the inner and outer sections of your eyelid to create a halo effect.
- Take a small amount of the colour on a small crease brush and blend the eyeshadow on the lid up into the lower part of the crease. The tip with this is to not blend it too high. You want it to blend seamlessly into the transition shade, but you want the brown to still stand out on it’s own. Next, take a second colour of choice that matches the first. I would go for a lighter or more bold colour in this step to give the eye some dimension. Lightly pack this on the centre of the eyelid and blend it into the first colourful shade.
- Go back into your matte brown shade and pick up a small amount on a blending brush. Buff this into the crease just above the colourful shades to make sure that everything is blended out. The tip is to blend, blend, blend! If you accidentally blend away some of the colour on the lid, just go back in and pack on more colour.
- Take any highlight shade of choice and place it into the inner corner of the eye. Take the matte brown shade and smudge it out on the lower lash line along with a small amount of the colourful shade. Finish the look off with any mascara of choice. Feel free to add eyeliner and falsies too! I always like to pair a colourful eye with a nude lip for a more natural everyday look.
As you can see, the finished eye look turned out to be very natural. However, when you blink, or look down you can see a beautiful pop of colour. I would play around with a bunch of different colours and matte neutral shades to see which combinations best suit you.
I hope this mini tutorial was helpful for those who want to start playing with colour for something different but are afraid to. If you would like to see more tutorial/ beauty tip posts, leave me some requests below!
Thank you so much for reading, Until next time,