Hey beauty fam! I Hope you are all having a good day so far!
For today’s blog post I thought it would be fun to compare the two Marc Jacobs O!Mega Bronze Perfect Tans: The permanent Tantric and the limited edition Tan Tastic. They both retail for $59 CAD ($49 USD) and have 0.8 oz worth of product. The limited edition Tan Tastic was extremely hard to get because it kept selling out almost immediately. The questions that a lot of people are asking include: Is it worth the hype and struggle to get your hands on? How similar are the two? Will Tan Tastic give you the same look and finish on the skin as Tantric?
Well I am here to give you an in depth comparison to help you decide if it is worth getting the original because the limited edition one is sold out. If you don’t want to read this whole post, scroll to the end where I quickly bullet point my findings.
Disclaimer: remember that makeup is so personal and it may not work for some people who I suggest these products to. These are just my personal generic findings and opinions ❤Right away you can see that both bronzers are in the exact same packaging, just different colours. Tantric has the black packaging and Tan Tastic has the white packaging. They are both extremely huge, and have a luxury feel to them. They both include a huge mirror, in which you can see your entire head in.
When you look at the two side by side you can see that Tan Tastic is a bit more cool toned than Tantric. Tan Tastic smells like coconut, although it isn’t that strong of a scent. You don’t notice it at all when you go to apply it to your skin. With that being said, the coconut infusion does claim to have added skin care benefits such as re-hydration. Let’s get into the swatches to see if the formula is the same.
As you can see, the shades look extremely similar on the fingers. You can still tell that Tan Tastic (on the left) is slightly more cooler-toned than Tantric. They honestly feel the exact same! Very smooth, just like silk. They are both equally as finely milled.
When you swatch them on your arm side by side, the difference in shades show up more realistically. Tan Tastic is definitely more cool-toned and Tantric pulls quite a bit more orange. When applied to the skin, they both blend out super easily. On my skin, you can definitely see that Tan Tastic pulls more cool than Tantric.
Both shades look and work beautifully on my fair-neutral skin, even though they are noticeably different. I am lucky because my neutral skin tone doesn’t emphasize the orange undertone in Tantric. It looks very natural on me. However, I can definitely see how on fair-pink skin tones it could pull quite orange. I would say that in general, Tan Tastic, the limited edition one works better on fair skin tones, where as Tantric works better on more tanned or fair-neutral skin.
So the question is: should you pick up the permanent Tantric bronzer because the limited edition one is sold out? It really depends on your skin tone to be honest.
- The formula feels the EXACT same! Even though Tan Tastic is infused with coconut. I honestly don’t feel a difference between the two on my skin so I don’t think the coconut one has any extra benefits.
- They both blend out beautifully and wear all day long.
- They both make me look like i’ve come back from vacation in the most natural way.
- Even though they swatch pretty similar, it is the undertone in each that makes all the difference!
- Tan Tastic is definitely made for fair to medium skin with pink undertones. So for these people it isn’t worth buying the original Tantric bronzer unless you are planning to use a super light hand.
- Tantric works beautifully on fair-neutral skin tones and medium/ tanned individuals.
- I honestly can’t speak for dark or olive skin tones because I had no one to test them on. However, from eyeballing it and experience with makeup, I can see both being too light as a contour shade for darker skin tones. I can see Tantric, the original one working nicely on olive skin tones. All of you with these skin tones, please correct me if I am wrong! ❤
So which one do I like best? The limited edition Tan Tastic! It is honestly just because I’m a sucker for white luxurious packaging and I love the smell of coconut. However, when this one runs out, I won’t be upset because I know that Tantric also works well for me.
If any of you have either of these bronzers, what do you think? I would love product feedback from you all!
Thank you so much for reading, Until next time.